top of page

An Introduction to Circular Economy

Transforming e-Waste to Eco Art by Upcycling


The global volume of electronic waste is expected to reach 52.2 million tones or 6.8 kg per person by 2021. A recent UN report—A New Circular Vision for Electronics—highlights that the world produces as much as 50 million tons of electronic and electrical waste (e-waste) a year. However, only 20% of this is formally recycled, remainder 80% either ending up in landfills or being informally recycled. It is unreasonable to find an ethical recycler and it has been a major challenge to pledge to eradicate e-waste from planet. Apparently, upcycling e-waste could be exploited as compelling solution. The article discusses about upcycling as an alternate solution to e-waste crisis. There is an Inspiration Gallery in the end, which would motivate readers to start creating eco art.


Join us and share your ideas and practices

in transforming the world towards a sustainable future.

Contact us

© 2018 - 2021 by STEAM Platform

bottom of page