top of page
Module 2: Plastic Waste Global Policies
Plastics Circular Economy E-learning Course
About this module
This presentation covers some global examples of policies to encourage circularity in production and consumption, and outlines the important role played by informal waste actors in waste management in Asian contexts.
- -What types of policies can be applied to limit plastic production and/or consumption
-Why the informal sector is an important actor in the circular econmy
- 1. Unsustainable production and consumption of plastic is equally harmful for all people and countries in the world. True or false?
2. UNEP’s 2022 resolution to end plastic pollution legally binds states to action. True or false?
3. Recovery infrastructure is an essential component of EPR, in order for it to work effectively. True or false?
4. Informal waste collectors will collect all types of plastic. True or false?
5. Informal waste collectors can save municipalities money through their informal recycling activities. True or false?
6. In Kenya the use of plastic bags can lead to imprisonment. True or false?
Senior Research Fellow
Stockholm Environmental institute
bottom of page