top of page
Module 5: Policy Implementation Mechanisms & Challenges and Consumer Behavior
Plastics Circular Economy E-learning Course
About this module
Module 5 describes the "Plastic Source Reduction and Circulation Actions" in Taiwan. Since Taiwan has faced the environmental overloading by high population density and surrounded by oceans, it is essential to protect land and ocean environments. Especially after the epidemic, the extensive use of single-use plastic products caused marine debris pushes Taiwan government to take actions in plastic source reduction, reuse, recycling, recovery, repair and redesign. Besides the industries can build up plastic value chain and develop innovative business models from production, consumption, waste management, and secondary material markets. We expect to maximize the benefits of plastic resource circulation and minimize the plastic waste pollution through the regulations and policies, incentives and guidance, research and development, education and promotion, and public participation of government.
- 1. Understanding the regulations and policies, incentives and guidance, research and development, education and promotion, and public participation of " Plastic Source Reduction and Circulation Actions" in Taiwan.
2. Providing the best practices of industries and improvements of consumer behaviors in plastic source reduction, reuse, recycling, recovery, repair, redesign, industrial value chain and innovative business models in Taiwan.
- 1. What is the most desirable source of plastic raw materials in CE model?
a. Secondary raw materials
c. Crude Oil
d. Natural Gas
2. What is not the focused practice in Taiwan's plastics circularity policy implementation?
a. Taking Mandatory Measure
b. Supervision & Economic Incentives
c. Financial subsidy
d. Making Policy Planning
e. Encouraging Voluntary Recycle and Reduction
3. What is the role of government in building a ecosystem to support and sustain the plastics circular economy businesses in Taiwan?
a. All the answers are correct.
b. Take mandatory measure.
c. Set guidelines for reducing the use of single-use products.
d. Encourage voluntary program.
4. Which is NOT the major action for SMEs to take in plastics circularity?
a. Develop New Markets With Innovative Technology
b. Establish Reduce & Recycle Alliances
c. Require all plastic packaging to be recycled
d. More use the plastic packaging
e. Establish Verification for Recycled Plastic
5. After the COVID-19 pandemic, what is the most urgent action for Taiwan to take in plastic restriction policy?
a. Review & revise the policy.
b. Educate the public in changing consumer behaviour to reduce plastic waste.
c. Set a new guideline for pubic to follow.
d. Encourage industries to join green deals.